Sunday, October 6, 2019

Feelings

In order to develop a deeper understanding of ourselves, we dove into a conversation about our feelings. What are feelings? Where do feelings come from? What happens to our bodies when we experience different feelings? How do we control or manage our feelings? We had a great chat and students were able to think of and share many personal connections. We were able to identify a list of positive and negative feelings, as well as examples of different body language that may accompany that feeling.  Below are a few student quotes from the work students completed:

" I feel joyful when I am playing with my dad. When I feel joyful, I am smiling and my body is relaxed."

" I feel frustrated when my baby sister ruins a game I am playing with family members. When I feel frustrated, I feel uncomfortable, cranky and unfocused."

We will continue our work over the coming weeks, as we explore how to work through "feeling explosions."